This is an agreement between Wagga Event Hire and the person named as the Hirer and listed at the end of this agreement under “the Hirer” and details the terms and conditions of the hire as follows. By accepting a quotation, the hirer agrees to have read, understood and be bound by these Terms and Conditions
1. A booking fee of 20% of the total hire fee is to be paid to secure the booking of the piece/s, this fee is non-refundable.
2. The balance of the hire fee is to be paid no less than fourteen (14) days prior to the booking date, failing which Wagga Event Hire shall not be required to complete the booking.
3. Should the Hirer cancel their hire agreement within thirty (30) days of the booking date, the Hirer will be liable for 100% of the total hire fee, excluding any travel expenses.
4. The Hirer shall be liable for excess cleaning fees and/or the repair of any damage to and/or replacement of the piece/s hired caused by the Hirer or any of their associates. A bond as listed in the Booking Sheet/Hire Agreement is to be held by Wagga Event Hire prior to commencement of the hire, on account of such cleaning fees, such damage or such replacement being caused to the piece/s. Such cash bond is refundable upon the piece/s being returned in the same condition. Where replacement of piece/s is necessary, a further amount may be payable by the Hirer to cover such replacement expense.
5. Smoking is not permitted whilst utilising the furniture piece/s.
6. In the event of prior damage to the piece/s hired, Wagga Event Hire shall endeavour to replace the piece/s with comparable piece/s or shall refund 100% of costs paid (including deposit), but shall not otherwise be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
7. Unless otherwise specified in writing all pieces are to be picked up and returned to 18B Chaston st, Wagga, at a predetermined time. Delivery of items will incur an additional fee per hour of travel time.
8. Overtime charges will apply after the scheduled booking time and the Hirer will incur an additional fee equivalent to 24 hour hire charge for any 24 hour period or part thereof. This fee will be waived if delay is caused by Wagga Event Hire and is only payable if overtime is the fault of the Hirer or their associates.
9. Wagga Event Hire will not be held liable for any injury caused due to improper use of the piece/s hired. Where hire includes our large “LOVE” wooden sign, Rustic Chandelier or furniture, Wagga Event Hire takes no responsibility for any injury caused in the use of these items whether stationery or being moved/transported. The hirer accepts that each piece is very heavy and therefore increases risk of injury during both stationery use and moving/transporting.
10. The Hirer shall be responsible for the proper behaviour of themselves and their associates and shall be primarily responsible for any damage caused to the piece/s howsoever caused. It is an express condition of the Hire Agreement that the Hirer accept this responsibility.
11. Where Wagga Event Hire accepts responsibility whether in full or in part for a failure to perform its obligations under the terms of this contract then the extent of any liability shall be limited to the Hire Charge.
12. Wagga Event Hire will not, under any circumstances, complete a hire where payment has not been cleared by or on the due date as stated on the booking invoice.
13. Wagga Event Hire may, at its entire discretion, refuse any Hire without explanation or reason.
14. These terms and conditions should only be accepted by the Hirer, such person is to be 18 years or older.
15. All Hire items are to be returned in a clean manner, free from candle wax, dirt etc unless specified in the Hire Agreement. Cleaning fees will be applied if required.
16. Any cutlery hired should be washed and all food to be removed prior to returning to Wagga Event Hire.
17. Dry hire of arbours to be dissembled and all decorations to be removed after completion of hire. This also means if arbours are delivered to venues by WEH staff, this term & condition still applies. Additional charges will apply if decorations or dissembling of arbour need to be undertaken by WEH staff.
18. Although WEH will endeavor to take every care when delivering, installing, dismantling and picking up equipment, it shall not be liable for any damage or loss to the site, site access or plants and The Hirer shall indemnify WEH from and against all actions, claims, costs, demands and liabilities in connection therewith. Any resulting additional costs, including reasonably incurred legal costs by WEH, shall be paid by The Hirer.
The hirer hereby unconditionally accepts the above terms and conditions and acknowledges that its acceptance is a condition precedent to taking possession of the goods/services/hire equipment from WEH.